For those of us living in the U.S. the Thanksgiving holiday can mean many different things.
- It can be a day of eating until we are stuffed like the turkey we are eating.
- It can be a day of rest before the Black Friday shopping lunacy.
- It can also be a day of watching parades on television.
I can keep going on but one thing I would like to share with all of you is what I feel the meaning of Thanksgiving is to me. To me, Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks. I know, big surprise but what I hope is that everyone has something to be thankful for on Thanksgiving day.
Here a some things to be thankful for:
- Family that cares about you
- Friends that care about you
- Food on the table
- A roof over your head
- Your health
- Your freedom
- Fond memories of times past
- That you were able to impact someone’s life in a positive way
The list can keep going but I am sure you get the idea. Instead of thinking about what you are going to get out of this Thanksgiving holiday, think about what you already have and are thankful for in your life.